Duo / double stringer staircases
The double stringer is a floating staircase design that features two stringers under the treads and in from the edges for a floating look. In general, these modern and contemporary stairs are less expensive than our single stringer stairs. We can use lighter material which also leads to easier shipment and installation.
The modern and contemporary look is the hallmark of the double stringer staircase. It is a versatile stair that can have nearly any tread and handrail style.
Double stringers can be used in residential or commercial applications, as well as in both interior and exterior projects.
Our treads are generally crafted in oak but other hard and softwoods can be offered such as Ash, Sapele, pine, Mahogany, Teak, and Walnut. We also manufacture stair treads from composite surfaces such as carbon fiber, resin, concrete, and steel.
Our staircase balustrades are available in
- Fully frameless structural glass
- Stainless steel post systems with glass panel infills (brushed or mirror polished)
- Metal CNC plasma cut (full range of art deco and modern patterns)
Most of our staircase systems are available with the following balustrade systems
- Frameless glass
- Bespoke metal railings (including CNC cut panels)
- Stainless steel post and glass systems
- Stainless steel wire strand systems
Further glass options:
- Low Iron Glass
- Standard clear glass
- Acid etch / sandblasted (privacy effect)
- Tinted glass (coloured glass and also known as body tinted glass)